Friday 1 January 2010

My Mame arcade project

I have toyed with the idea of building a MAME arcade system ever since a colleague in the US first sent me some pics of his system. I downloaded the full Mame 0.120U rom set a few years back and played around with various frontends. At the time my sticking point was not having the tools to build a cabinet myself.

I have now decided that I don't want to wait any longer and so have taken the decision to get a cabinet built by someone else. I contacted Craig from Turnarcades and started talking to him about a 4 player slimline cabinet. I plan to use the excellent Hyperspin as the frontend for my arcade system and have spent most of the Christmas holidays getting it configurated.

I built a new PC up for my arcade system using an existing Coolermaster 220B case I had. The video below shows the PC running Hyperspin.

No comments:

Post a Comment